Friday, July 8, 2011

Music Technology: Back Pocket Band Software




At The Business and Musicians Forum we like to be up to date on the new technology that is being released in the music industry to help musicians. One item that we came across was the Back Pocket Band Software by Hear and Play.

This software is a backing track player that plays tracks with bass,drums or both. It focuses on the area of Gospel and looks at the three main areas of Gospel which is Shouting, Praise and Worship. It also plays tracks in all 12 keys and in 3 different tempo styles: Slow, Medium, Fast. The software is easy to use to great for any musician who is looking for that realistic band feel.

My thoughts on this are that I am astonished that no one has done this until now. For me as a musician, I think that it will help improve timing, speed and rhythm. One thing is that it would be nice for this software to go into other areas such as Rock, Jazz, Funk, Blues. I am really looking forward to what Jermaine Griggs has in store for the software. It's a great tool for musicians if they want to explore into chords and progressions. I hope that they add some different components for the different instruments as well so that other musicians can learn such as bass runs, drum licks and hits and so on.

I would have to say that this coupled with the Song Robot Software that they currently have is amazing. I hope that they can go into other areas as well such as Jazz, Rock, Latin etc. I would highly recommend this to any musician who is looking to play along side a real band. Your improvement in playing would definitely increase. Check it out!